MSI Girls Indoor Lacrosse League Rules
September 1, 2016
Powered by Heritage Lacrosse
- Teams are guaranteed 8 games.
- Top 4 teams make playoffs in each division.
- Teams must provide their own jerseys or pinnies for games.
- Games are two 20 minute halves and will begin promptly at game time. The clock will start immediately at game time, even if the teams are not ready. It is a running clock; there will be no stoppage for time outs, injuries (Unless Major Injury), cards, etc.
- The game is played 7 v 7 (6 field players and a goalie). If a team does not have a goalie, you may NOT add another player in place of the goalie. Shooting nets and not target nets will used in the absence of a goalie and will be provided by the facility and league administration.
- If a team does not have enough players to field a team, you may have guest players from another team. A team must have a minimum of 4 players from their original roster in order for the game to count. If a team has less than 4 original rostered players, the game will result in a forfeit and the teams can scrimmage.
- Substitutions are on the fly. The player must be off the field before the substitute is allowed to enter.
- Only 4 players from each team (excluding the goalie) will be allowed in each half of the field. 2 players (excluding the goalie) must be behind the restraining line at all times. Normal boundary rules apply.
- Modified checking will be played in the middle school divisions, 5/6 and 7/8 grades.
- Two passes must be completed in the offensive end before a shot on goal. If a shot is taken without completing 2 passes, a free position for the goalie will be awarded.
- Goalie has to stay within circle until 2 passes are completed.
- If a player receives a YELLOW CARD, the player must leave the field for 2 minutes of playing time and the team WILL PLAY A MAN DOWN! This is a non-releasable foul. If a player receives 2 yellow cards, the team will play short the remainder of the game.
- If a team receives 4 cards (Any Color) for multiple players, they will play short the remainder of the game.
- If a player or coach received a RED CARD, they will be immediately ejected from the game. There will be no sub for an ejected player and the team will play short for the remainder of the game. A referee has the authority to stop any game if it gets out of hand. Any Referee or MapleZone employee has the right to eject any unruly player, coach or spectator from the building.
- If a player or coach is ejected from the game, they will receive an automatic 1 game suspension. The suspension could be longer and will be at the discretion of the Referee Assignor and League Administration. Any suspended player or coach may not be on the bench while serving their suspension.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated towards officials, coaches, players or spectators. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their spectators / parents.
- Teams who no show two (2) games during the season will be removed from the schedule without a refund. If the team coordinator calls the league administrator more than 48 hours prior to the game to notify of the inability to field a team this will count as a forfeit not a no show.
- All players must sign a waiver before participation.
- There must be someone on the bench 18 or over who is designated as point of contact for team during the game.
- Goggles and mouth guards are MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES for all players. NO JEWELRY is permitted. Players are responsible for having legal sticks.
- Goalies must wear proper equipment, which includes a legal helmet, throat protector, chest protector, abdominal and pelvic protection, shin guards, padded gloves and mouth guard.
- There will be a draw to start the game and to start the second half.